Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Lost and Recovered My PlayBook on a Flight

IMG-20110819-00160Some of you may know this already if not, I recently got married to my wonderful wife Janett. On the way back from the honeymoon we were in a bit of a rush to get out of the plane to catch our connecting flight, I grabbed my carry-on and forgot my PlayBook on the backseat compartment. I normally never let go of the PlayBook like that but this time I completely forgot about it until it was almost time to board the connecting flight. I checked with the American Airline personnel if somebody had turned it in but no luck so I was getting used to the idea it was lost. I had quite a few family pictures on it that we had taken during the trip so I was a bit disappointed at myself for leaving it there. Usually we hear horror stories of bad service, and a sad ending to the story…… I decided to tell this story because it is BlackBerry related and has a good ending to it.

Luckily I place my BerryReview business card on the inside casing I have on the PlayBook. I was not expecting this but the next day at 7am I had a call from Michael at American Airlines letting me know that they had my BlackBerry PlayBook. I gave them my shipping address and asked them to bill me for the shipping. Within two days I had my PlayBook on hands.  Not sure whether somebody turned it in or the crew found it, but I am grateful for their service and returning my device.  The device can be replace but all the stuff I had stored in it was not which is why I was really lucky to get it back and a big thanks to AA for doing so.

So one reason why it easy to recover my PlayBook was the fact that my case has pockets for business cards, and I had placed my BerryReview cards inside. Another good thing is to keep it password locked. Without a password anyone who finds it can easily access all your data in it.  But the first thing would be simply not forgetting it, ;) .

More on BerryReview

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment

Comment