Friday, August 26, 2011

BBM Music Needs “Thumbs Up/Down” Song & User Ratings

BBM Music4 BBM Music1

I have more or less replaced my Slacker listening with BlackBerry Music since yesterday and I have to say I am impressed. I have found some great songs from BBM friends and contacts that I would never have heard otherwise. I find it interesting that my friends tend to avoid the latest Top 100 hits to define themselves and rather are choosing some classic favorites. The thing it not all of them have anywhere near my music taste or simply have bad taste… That is why I am really hoping RIM throws in some social voting options in BBM Music.

BBM Music2 BBM Music3

RIM does let you ignore songs or ignore songs from an artist that you don’t like but I wish they made my preference more transparent. Wouldn’t it be slick if you could see if users like the songs you selected or not? Maybe a sort of Rotten Tomatoes style “rotten meter” to show what others thought of your song. I love that it shows you how many times people listened to your songs but I want more. Simply leaving a comment on the song is just not good enough. I have been playing with the idea of using some sort of ASCII emoticon to simulate votes but don’t think it will work well unless RIM integrates it natively.

I will give you a walkthrough and more in depth review of BBM Music hopefully today or next week but until then I am really liking the service. The music player puts the native BlackBerry Media Player to shame and really works nicely. I have to say RIM put quite a bit of work into the app and usability is really nice and solid especially for a beta product.

Still I am really looking for things like the ability to show what I am listening too in BBM Music on the BBM status message or be able to keep a record of the songs I liked by my friends without adding it to my songs. If you have been using BBM Music let us know what you think!

More on BerryReview

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment

Comment