Wednesday, August 10, 2011

SMS Bridge for the PlayBook Gets Really Creative

bridge-BlackBerry

I have heard quite a few users complaining that the BlackBerry Bridge for the PlayBook does not support SMS messages. While I don’t see that as critical since SMS is ridiculously expensive here in the US I am simply amazed with the creativity of Ming Huang and their SMS Bridge app for the PlayBook.

The bridge app forwards the SMS you get to your PlayBook as an email through its app on your BlackBerry. From what I can tell it doesn’t actually forward the email but rather makes a copy of the text message and then creates a new email out of it. Ming got even more creative by letting you reply to SMS from your PlayBook through those emails which are sent out through their transport. I am not sure exactly how that works but they also show your latest two phone calls in your inbox through the bridge which you can reply to and have it send a SMS to that contact.

Honestly I have not had a chance to try the app for myself since a friend borrowed my PlayBook but check out the SMS bridge for $3.99 in App World if you get a chance.

More on BerryReview

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment

Comment