Wednesday, July 6, 2011

New High Level Apps & Games Categories in PlayBook App World

IMG_00000439

When I first saw this earlier today I thought it was a bug since I had some shoddy reception. I then had Mac ask me about it while Luis confirmed it for him. It seems like RIM is creating two high level categories in App World for the BlackBerry PlayBook separating Apps from Games. I know Android does that but RIM has only previously separated Themes from all other apps in the smartphone App World app.

Right now the icon for Apps is still not showing up so it seems like a work in progress. Either way I kind of like the idea of hierarchical categories since a huge portion of the apps in App World and many other app stores are games.

What do you think?

More on BerryReview

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment

Comment