Wednesday, August 17, 2011

What’s with the Kiddish BlackBerry 7 Icons RIM?

It’s been a couple of days now since I got my BlackBerry 9900 and it’s truly every die hard BlackBerry fan’s dream phone. While I could go on about all the vast improvement I have seen considering I was still rocking my old Bold, I will opt to sum up the entire improvements with two words, NO LAG!  RIM has kept its word on improving the overall performance of these new BlackBerry smartphones and customers will show their appreciation by buying these new phones. But one thing seems to be bugging me about my new BlackBerry 9900.

What’s with the kiddish icons? Okay, so maybe kiddish isn’t the proper term or perhaps it sound rather harsh but you can choose to replace the word with what ever word works for you. My point is that these icon just feels too unpolished and cartoonish. While icons like BBM and the music icons look sharper the vast majority of the icons on OS 7 just seems unpolished and unified.

I thought perhaps it was just simply me that thought this way but a couple of my friends have made similar comments. Some even go as far as to say the icons on OS 5 seem more polished. Similar comments are also being made about the new icons on App World 3.0 and the overall UI. It just feels too unpolished at this point of the game and rather silly.

Now saying all that, I know icons are not a make or break thing when it comes to purchasing a phone, but it does add to the overall customer satisfaction with the product. Small crucial details like these are ultimately what will make RIM standout as it eventually matches its other competitors in terms of specs and overall performance. The BlackBerry experience needs unified UI experience to increase the customer satisfaction and having kiddish or cartoonish icons doesn’t help.

More on BerryReview

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment

Comment